The county clerk is the election commissioner for the county, which involves:
- Preparing and distributing ballots
- Publishing of election notices
- Compiling election night results
- Canvassing of the final results of all federal, state, county, and judicial elections within the county
- Certifying the results to the Wisconsin Elections Commission
- Maintaining voter registration records and election management data for all Douglas County towns and villages
For more information, contact the County Clerk's Office at (715) 395-1341.
- February 18, 2020 - Spring Primary
- Sample Ballots
- Polling Locations
- County-wide Results*
- Municipal Results*
- Provisional Ballots
- April 7, 2020 - Spring Election and Presidential Preference Primary
- August 11, 2020 - Partisan Primary
- November 3, 2020 - General Election
*All results displayed on election night are preliminary and do not reflect registered write-in candidate votes, or provisional ballots, which may be outstanding.
After review and certification of results by the Douglas County Canvass Board, federal, state, and county certified election results will be displayed. Results for municipal or school district offices are reviewed and certified by their respective canvass boards. For certified results of those elections, please contact the appropriate municipal clerk or school district.
- April 2, 2019 - Spring Election
- Past Election Results
Voter Registration – Contact your municipal clerk for information regarding voter registration.
My Vote Wisconsin website is designed for Wisconsin voters, both registered and non-registered and provides Wisconsin voters with registration, sample ballot, municipal clerk and polling place information. In addition, there is a section for military and permanent overseas voters to request an absentee ballot and access their absentee ballot online.
Photo ID Law
Wisconsin requires a photo ID to vote. BringIt.Wisconsin.gov provides information regarding what is an acceptable document.
- District Map - View a map of the voting districts in Douglas County.
- Douglas County Municipal Clerks - Contact information
- Douglas County Polling Place Locations - Find the polling places in Douglas County.
- Wisconsin Elections Commission - View upcoming events and news from the Wisconsin Elections Commission.
- Voter Information - Information regarding eligibility and registration requirements, how to obtain an absentee ballot, where to vote, and more.
- Voter Information Guides - Guides and resources for Wisconsin voters (absentee voting, elderly and voters with disabilities, election day voting, proof of residence, student residency, voter eligibility, voter registration, voter resources, voting rights and responsibilities).