The Small Business Development Center at the University of Wisconsin-Superior helps entrepreneurs succeed at any stage. We offer no-cost, confidential consulting and education across a wide region, primarily serving Ashland, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Iron, Price, Sawyer and Washburn counties.
Through our consulting services, our business consultants can assist in a wide variety of areas. Whether you are looking to start a business, grow a business, or transition out, we can help you along the way. Below is a handful of areas we work with our clients on, but we understand every business’ needs are different.
• Review website
• Assist with SEO
• Create a marketing plan
• Propose advertising options
• Provide HR resources
• Connect to
• Determine correct business entity
Business Planning & Growth
• Guide to correct licensing needs
• Review business plan
Financial Basics & Operations
• Clarify small business finances
• Create financial projections
• Find lending options
We offer a variety of programming specific to helping entrepreneurs grow. If you are looking for additional programming, we highly recommend checking out the Center for Continuing Education at UW-Superior. Below are the programming and events that we hold a regular basis.
• QuickBooks Online Workshop
• Entrepreneurial Training Program
• First Steps to Starting a Small Business
• First Steps to Starting a Food Products Business
• Superior Visions – Women’s Networking Group
Get in touch and see how the Small Business Development Center can address your business needs.