Click to Home
Go To Search
Hazardous Household Materials
Douglas County accepts material from residences and small businesses that pose a threat to human health and the environment at their annual Cleansweep Collection in June. Household Hazardous Waste is material that is labeled flammable, poisonous, corrosive or reactive.
  • Flammable - Paint, gasoline, paint thinners, solvents
  • Corrosive - Acids, bases, cleaning products
  • Reactive - Pool chemicals
  • Poisonous/Toxic - Pesticides, cleaning products
  • Others - Fluorescent lights, ballast, computers and electronics (for a charge), cooking oil, propane tanks, oil, antifreeze, batteries

  • Explosives
  • Sharps
  • Biological
  • Infectious
  • Radioactive

Businesses and farms must make an appointment to dispose of hazardous materials and a fee may be charged. Contact the Northwest Regional Planning Commission’s Cleansweep Department at 715-635-2197 facility directly to make an appointment.

CITY OF SUPERIOR RESIDENTS ONLY- Residents of the City may use the year round Hazardous Waste Facility at WLSSD. Non City residents may not use this site. It is free for City residents. Call WLSSD at 218-722-3336.

Contact Us Sitemap Employee Login Photo Credits Accessibility Copyright Report a Concern Translation/traducción/kev txhais Powered by CivicPlus
Douglas County Courthouse  |  1313 Belknap Street  |  Superior, Wisconsin 54880  |  Ph: (715) 395-1341