Click to Home
Go To Search
PrintEmailRSS
Essentia Health - Superior

cmgreenlogo2.jpg



ess.png


Without a tradition of civic-minded donors, St. Mary’s Hospital-Superior would not exist. Its initial construction was supported entirely by private donations, and throughout the years the commitment of the people of Superior, Wis. to their community hospital has never waivered.

1963 | Superior Memorial Hospital opens. 
1995 | Superior Memorial affiliates with St. Mary's Medical Center and is renamed St. Mary's Hospital of Superior.
1997 | St. Mary's Medical Center and its affiliates including St. Mary's Hospital of Superior merge into the Duluth Clinic to form St. Mary's Duluth Clinic Health System.
2004 | Essentia Health is formed as the parent corporation of the SMDC and Benedictine health systems.
2008 | Through a St. Mary’s Hospital of Superior Foundation fundraising program, general rehabilitation facilities are redesigned, improvements are made to cardiac rehabilitation facilities, and the chapel is expanded and relocated to the front lobby.
2010 | Essentia fully integrates its health systems to create efficiencies and reduce healthcare costs. St. Mary’s Hospital of Superior becomes Essentia Health St. Mary’s Hospital-Superior.

Today the Essentia Health St. Mary’s Hospital-Superior campus offers a wide range of healthcare services, from emergency room and acute hospital care to outpatient physical therapy and primary-care office visits. It also hosts the regional Veterans Administration Clinic.

esse.jpg


Contact Us Sitemap Employee Login Photo Credits Accessibility Copyright Report a Concern Translation/traducción/kev txhais Powered by CivicPlus
Douglas County Courthouse  |  1313 Belknap Street  |  Superior, Wisconsin 54880  |  Ph: (715) 395-1341