The county legislative body is the county board of supervisors
. Members are elected to two-year terms at the April election held in even-numbered years. There are 21 supervisory districts, with one supervisor representing each district.
Members by District
- Mark Liebaert, Chair
- Jim Paine, Vice Chair
- Lawrence J. Quam, Second Vice Chair
- Rosemary L. Lear, Third Vice Chair
The county board holds regular meetings on the third Thursday of each month, except during the months of February and July when there is no meeting scheduled. The county board holds an annual meeting on the last Thursday in October in which it reviews and approves the budget for the following year. In even-numbered years, the county board holds a meeting on the third Tuesday in April for organization. The board elects a chair and first, second, and third vice chairs.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Agendas | Minutes
In summary, the general powers of the board are to:
- Manage, operate, sell, buy, and maintain all county-owned property
- Enact ordinances authorized by statute
- Set salaries and fringe benefits for county employees
- Approve a budget and tax levy each year and delegate the use of revenues for county government costs
- Transfer funds during the year and borrow by bond issues or other means for construction of facilities and county needs deemed necessary and not otherwise provided for
- Examine and settle all accounts of the county and all claims, demands, or causes against the county and issue county orders therefore
- Prescribe the form and manner of keeping the records in any county office and the accounts of the county officers and designation of depositories
- Join with the state, other counties, or municipalities in a cooperative arrangement as provided in Section 66.30 of the Wisconsin Statutes