Appointments required and are scheduled Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Call 715-395-1341 to make an appointment. Processing time for routine passports is 4-6 weeks.
Application appointments are accepted between the hours of 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Note:
Passport applications processed prior to 2:30 p.m. will be mailed to the Department of State on the same day; applications processed after 2:30 p.m., will be mailed the following business day. All applicants (regardless of age) must apply in person at the Douglas County Clerk's Office at 1313 Belknap Street, Room 101, and bring the following:
- Passport application - Application forms are available at the County Clerk's Office or online at the U.S. Department of State. It is recommended that form be completed, but not signed, prior to appointment. Forms must be typewritten or filled out in black ink.
- One passport photo - The County Clerk's Office offers photo services at a cost of $12 plus tax, for photos. Other photo studios can also provide this service. Please note that there are certain requirements in regard to photo size, background, lighting, etc. Photos presented that do not meet the specified requirements may not be accepted.
- A certified copy of a state birth certificate is required to be submitted with the application and returned with the passport. Naturalized U.S. citizens must submit the original signed naturalization certificate in lieu of a birth certificate, which will be returned with the passport.
- A valid driver's license or state photo ID is required.
- All applicable fees must be paid at the time of application.
When applying for a child's passport, all children for which you are applying must be present. If a child is under the age of 16, both parents must be present at the time of the application. If only one parent is present, the non-applying parent may fill out Form DS-3053
to be submitted with the child's application. For children ages 16 and up, one parent or guardian must present photo identification if the child does not have identification of their own.
For more information, contact the County Clerk's Office at (715) 395-1569 or view the U.S. Department of State
requirements for applicants under age 16.